Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Queen Anne's Lace Pillow Sham

I am nearly finished embroidering a pillow sham for my bed.  Here it is: 


The pattern is a free one from Alicia Paulson. Hers is done in white on a colored background.  I love the delicate pattern but I have a mostly white bed, so I decided to work the pattern in a straw color on a pair of white shams. There are a lot of French knots in it, but it is a pretty pattern!

I am in the process of freshening up the look in our bedroom.  We have a nice ecru cotton blanket and fresh high-count white cotton sheets.  I found a pair of 100% white linen shams and a matching bedskirt on clearance from Land's End last month (the sham pictured).  We have a newish porcelain blue quilt, and I moved a pillow upstairs from the family room sofa. The double wedding ring quilt was a wedding present, and it's still one of my favorite things!



I'm thinking that after I finish the pillow shams another toss pillow or two should finish the bed nicely. I'd like to paint the pine chest some sort of mustard and find a larger lamp in a similar color, but I keep changing my mind about the paint color!

One of the things I like about military life is the chance to rearrange the house every few years.  Nothing ever quite fits the way it did before, but everything also feels fresh when it's put together in different ways.  The painted drop-leaf table next to our bed used to live downstairs with my sewing machine on it.  The pine chest was in our closet! It's nice to have it at the foot of the bed again, where it was when we first got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!