Friday, April 13, 2012

Fabric Easter Basket

Here is a little basket I finished for Verity last Friday using the tutorial over at Nana Company:


It was a fun little project! The grey-green linen is a remnant from my still-unfinished tablecloth. Instead of cutting fabric trim and a handle I used strips of Japanese fabric tape.  The handle is two strips of tape stuck to each other with a thin strip of fusible fleece in between, overcast on each side with a tight, narrow zig-zag stitch. It gummed up my machine needle, but it looks cute and it was fast and easy!  The only other thing I did differently is that I used a mid-weight fusible fleece instead of interfacing, so mine is more puffy. I just didn't have that much interfacing on hand, but I like how it turned out with the fleece.

The directions are clear and easy to follow! Verity has been carrying hers around the house with her little toys in it all week. :)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I can see why it is being used as a "toy carrier"--it is too charming to put away until next Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!