Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Patriotic Pillow

I did the cross stitch part of this pillow long ago. As in, before I had kids long ago! I made it during the year I took off between high school and college, when I didn't do much of anything besides cross stitch, cook supper for my family and play with my baby sister.  



After the piece was finished, I couldn't decide what to do with it! It went into the pine chest (yes, that pine chest!) until the day my little boy needed something else to hang in his red and navy bedroom.  


So I decided to turn it into a wall hanging! I made a pieced border for it, attached a fabric backing with a little sleeve, and hung it on a thin rod in Luke's room.


In this house, there wasn't room for the wall hanging! But when I started to fold it up and put it away I noticed it was the same size as a bed pillow. . .


So there it is.  I ripped out the binding, cut and inserted an envelope backing, and re-stitched the binding. Luke likes it, especially since he was nearly a Fourth-of-July party himself!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha this made me smile, since it's so you. I love you big sis. =)
    cute pillow btw.
    - your baby sis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!