Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chocolate Potholders

These potholders were a quick gift for my mom. She loves brown, and dots, and chocolate. And since we used to live in Germany, this sweet retro German-chocolate fabric seemed like the perfect choice for some scattered appliques!


I'm partial to the little strawberry patch. 


The next one is sweet too, though! Mama used to read to us a lot. Not usually outside under a tree. It was usually inside on that old 70's gold-flowered sofa. Heavens, it could have been late 60's. It was a hand-me-down. Later, we sat on the very late-80's oatmeal herringbone one.  Wait, oh, yes!! We had a hammock in the backyard. We DID read outside under a spreading, shady tree! Vindication. No peaches though. Mulberries.


Here is a patch with cherries and a couple more tiny strawberries tucked into the corner. The pattern for the oval potholder came from the Spring 2012 issue of Stitch.


These are the backs. I would appreciate it if you would discreetly decline to notice the slight wonkiness. This was my first attempt at sewing through, oh a gazillion layers. 

 

Close up! I like this photo. Dots and bits and cherries and things. 


 Hooray for another fun little project off my list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!