Monday, August 20, 2012

Daisychain Sampler

The Daisychain Sampler has been home from the frame shop and hanging on the wall for a couple of weeks now, and I finally took some photos! The "A" is one of my favorites.


I changed the "G" slightly. The pattern called for French knots only, but I didn't like the waviness of mine and the thread I used looked too dark to me.  So I picked out the stitches and re-did it using a straight stitch in between the knots and a combination of two thread colors.  I like it much better now!


The "Q" is another favorite! Lazy daisies are so classic. "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"




This pattern was just a joy to stitch overall! I enjoyed it so much. And my satin stitch skills got a LOT of practice!


And, here is the last lovely letter: 


Here is the finished piece!


It looks so lovely in the Chucklemops' bedroom! I'm so happy I saw the pattern and further inspiration for this project! My hands are itching for more embroidery. :)


2 comments:

  1. Just so Lovely! As all things that surround you. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama I think you're turning into your rosy little mother.:) not that that's bad! XO. --Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!