Thursday, April 25, 2013

Disappearing Nine Patch Variation

This quilt has taken sooo much longer than I thought it would! It's partly that we found out we were moving and so a couple of weeks were spent on research and logistics, and partly because we went out of town for a couple of weeks. 

It's also partly that at first I wanted to quilt it using free-motion swirls and feathers, but I was nervous that it wouldn't turn out well. In the end, I decided to keep the simple, clean lines and quilt the sashing in the ditch, as well as around the larger colored squares and a simple cross through the center of the other blocks.
 Here it is hanging in my window, where I attempted to keep it unwrinkled until I finished the back and basted it:



Being basted on my kitchen floor:



I used spray baste and a few pins around the edges.  LOVE spray baste! This is only the second or third time I've used it, but I think it's wonderful.

The quilting is about 1/3 of the way done.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish it this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!