Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sewing Corner

This summer was entirely consumed by our move from Honolulu, HI to Fairbanks, AK! I have been doing some sewing, but it has been sewing of the mundane sort: hemming pants, mending toys, and adjusting curtains for yet another new set of windows.

BUT. . . for the first time ever, I have a dedicated space for my sewing! I am so, so happy that the "breakfast" corner is just too small for our furniture. :o) It is just right for a cozy sewing corner, and it is right next to the kitchen, which I find convenient.  I can use the large counter that separates the two spaces for my cutting table, and I appropriated the small pantry closet for my sewing tools and fabric stash.  Which means that the pantry goods are stuffed into two of the meager cabinets in the kitchen. However, at this point I am willing to live with stuffed and untidy cupboards for the sake of having ALL of my sewing materials at my fingertips! (Well, all but the large box of yarn and the box of batting and interfacing.) The room is a little smaller than 8x10.  Here it is:
















 I had so much fun putting it together. I mixed leftover paint from another project and painted just the back wall.  It is nice to have a place to leave my serger! It is a very nice Husqvarna/Viking overlock/coverstitch machine that my husband got for my birthday a few years ago.  The green Hello Kitty machine is my daughter's (available from Target.com). A lot of my favorite little things are in this room--pinecones the girls brought me in my grandma's dish, seashells from Hawaii in a jar, the red pie bird.  Now that it is all together, I hope I can actually do some sewing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!