Monday, November 4, 2013

Chunky Knit Pillow Cover





I wanted one of those chunky hand-knit pillows like the ones at Pottery Barn that cost $50 (yes really, they do).  So I took myself to JoAnn's and bought some yarn instead.  $10.50 sounds much better. :) Even the non-sale price on the yarn ($14) is much better! Not that I don't love Pottery Barn--but I love it 50% off with free shipping and with one of those "save $25 on a $50 purchase" postcards, haha.

The first side is a simple texture stitch; the second is a moss stitch.  I used the stitch pattern guide in my copy of Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book This is one of those books that is truly useful to have! It has step-by-step photos for all sorts of techniques, patterns for many stitches, it discusses blocking and yarn types and how to fix errors.  There might be things it doesn't discuss, but this book will take you far beyond the basics.

This pillow cover is made with two skeins of Lion Brand Thick and Quick on size 15 needles.  This yarn is beautiful.  I love it's softness! I also love that I can toss it in the washing machine. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!