Sunday, November 22, 2015

Owl Mittens




Well, this has been a tie for the longest and toughest transition we have made as a military family! We have made many new friends and for that I am so grateful. Still, life has been such that I turned on my sewing machine last week for the first time since we left Alaska! I have missed it so much.

These mittens are my first completed project in California! Hooray. :) I knit them in Alaska but sewed the buttons on the owls just this morning. It's something, right?

I used the free "Give a Hoot" pattern on Craftsy by Kate Gagnon Osborn and Courtney Kelley for these mittens. The pattern is great! Mine curl a bit in the upper outside part of the mitten, but that is possibly due to my limited experience with double-pointed needles.

I'll have cozy hands this winter as long as my teenager doesn't take them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!