Friday, December 11, 2015

Twirly Dress




This is New Look pattern 6884. It has nice finishing details, including an inner band on the sleeve hems. In addition, I made the neck facing in the contrasting blue mini-dot and added a band of trim at the waist. I also used smaller buttons and placed them all the way down the front.

I bought this fabric last spring, when I was in JoAnn's looking for something else. The bolt was on the end of a rack and I fell in love with colors and the sweet folk art flowers and vines!

I cut out the dress and sewed everything but the buttonholes and the hem while the movers were packing up our house in Alaska. I hate just sitting around and doing nothing. Might as well be productive, right?

Of course, after we moved, life happened. A lot of it. But it's finally finished, and my little Chucklemop wears it with a cardigan and knee socks, which is just fine for a California winter!


1 comment:

  1. I love this dress! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!