Friday, March 4, 2016

Winterlude Checkerboard Quilt Top


Don't you hate it when you're almost finished with something and you realize you've done it the hard way? Yep. I had purchased a stack of mini charm packs (2 1/2 in squares) of pretty Christmassy fabric on clearance with this project in mind. When I had made thirty 8in blocks (with more to go) I was kicking myself that I hadn't used strips and cut them, instead of stitching hundreds of squares together individually! Oh well. Stitching is therapy, so efficiency isn't the point. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I love the way this quilt top turned out. There is no rhyme or reason to the fabric placement, except that I spread the scale around and used several different shades of cream and white.  The red fabric is for the back.

I'm sending it off to Kathy to have a swirly vine and holly leaf design quilted on it, edge to edge.

A checkerboard quilt top is checked off my sewing bucket list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!